Friday, September 25, 2009

Making Our Home a Haven



This is my first time participating in the Making Your Home a Haven Monday that is hosted at Tammy's Recipes.

This week's topic is morning routines. The mornings in our home are a little hectic because it is the busiest time of day for me as a work from home mom. I am so blessed to have my husband home to help out most days. Since I am so busy, I do already have a routine down, but of course there is always room for improvement. Here's a list of 5 things that I'm going to try to get done EVERY morning:

1. Snuggle with hubby for 10 mins. after alarm before getting out of bed. This simple routine adds so much intimacy to our relationship, especially on those super busy days when we don't get to have a lot of face time.

2. Mommy time: 30 mins. for me before everyone else gets up to pray, read the bible, and drink coffee.

3. Take a break to eat breakfast with the family. I'm working at breakfast time, but I can usually schedule things to have a few minutes free to sit down at the table and eat with my husband and son. I love the flexibility of working from home!

4. Put clean dishes away. Work slows down for me around 10:00 a.m., and my wonderful husband has done the breakfast dishes, so I like to make sure that I put them away.

5. Wipe down the bathroom after showers, hair and makeup routines are done.

A lot of these things happen most of the time, but I am going to work on making sure they happen every morning. It's so great to have small goals to work toward the larger ideal of making our home a haven for our family!

1 comment:

  1. Your numbers 1 & 5 are my favorite! The Engineer is usually still asleep when I get up and prefers to be left that way - but we still find alternate times for snuggling! Bathrooms are my least favorite - and, of course, it shows.

    ReplyDelete